Tuesday, October 20, 2009

JUST FOR FUN

Just for Fun
Just for fame
What would you do to gain?

Suddenly I just had the sense that I’ve wasted the last ten years writing 17 books but making few friends. I’m not sure what prompted but it’s slightly painful. Maybe being alone in a hotel room the last four days provoked. I’m not sure why because I’ve done it before, bimonthly generally when I have the money. Even when I don’t I still come. Today, however, something happened to make me question myself. Maybe it relates to Michael Jackson’s death. He after all personified greatness. I, in contrast, simply desire it. In many ways, he died alone, conventionally speaking. Like all of us, however, he too had immortal longings. In an attempt to quell he lost himself, according to some. Perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment